New York Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Malpractice Lawyers
Depend on Us for Difficult Medical Malpractice Claims
Did you undergo what should have been a routine and minimally invasive endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) procedure, but something went wrong? If you were hurt due to a doctor’s mistakes, then you might have legal grounds to file a claim against them for medical malpractice. Simonson Goodman Platzer PC in New York can help.
We have dedicated our firm to protecting and upholding the rights of patients who have been injured in all sorts of medical procedures, including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty or accordion procedures. Our experience and resources allow us to stand up to even the most powerful insurance defense teams often hired by medical practitioners and institutions. Let us be the team that stands up for you.
On This Page
- What is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
- How Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Malpractice Happens
- How to Prove Malpractice
- Get More Information Today
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dial (800) 817-5029 to connect with our legal team today.
What is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty – also called an accordion procedure – is a minimally invasive weight loss procedure that adds sutures to the stomach to reduce its size. It is similar to surgical sleeve gastrectomy but does not require surgery. Instead, the procedure uses an endoscopic suturing device that is inserted into the mouth and led down into the stomach. Doctors often prescribe ESG to help patients who need to lose weight and have not had success with diet and exercise.
How Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Malpractice Happens
Although ESG is a minimally invasive procedure, it can have complications, especially when the medical professionals are not careful enough during it. Our firm knows how to research your medical record and various forms of evidence to see exactly how malpractice occurred and how you were hurt by it.
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty malpractice can happen due to:
- Insufficient diagnosis: ESG is not a procedure that is for anyone. People with certain body mass indexes, pre-existing gastrointestinal conditions, and blood pressure issues should typically not have the procedure. If you were an at-risk patient but your doctor did not acknowledge it, and you were hurt by ESG complications later, then you could have grounds for an ESG malpractice claim.
- Inadequate surgical precision: The endoscopic device used to suture the stomach must be carefully controlled by the surgeon. Seemingly slight mishaps during the surgical procedure can result in severe injuries like lacerations to the stomach lining, ulcers, and more.
- Miscommunication: An ESG procedure should be completed by an endoscopic surgeon and at least one assistant. Miscommunications among surgery teams are common forms of malpractice that result in preventable injuries, pain, and complications.
- Loosened sutures: If the sutures become loose soon after the procedure, then it can increase the risk of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Furthermore, a second ESG procedure will be needed to either correct the sutures or remove them.
How to Prove Malpractice
Proving ESG malpractice is not a simple process. Medical practitioners and institutions are protected by a variety of laws and regulations that intentionally make it difficult to pin liability on them when something goes wrong. To prove that malpractice caused your ESG complications and related injuries, you should team up with our professional attorneys right away. We know how to use various forms of evidence to show that another reasonable medical professional would not have allowed the same mistakes to happen in the same situation, which is the groundwork of a successful malpractice claim.
Get More Information Today – Call our Firm
If you are living with pain and complications from a poorly performed endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedure, then you should discover your legal options to seek compensation as soon as possible. Simonson Goodman Platzer PC and our New York ESG malpractice lawyers are here to help and support you. With our team leading the way and fighting the opposition on your behalf, you can focus instead on resting and recovering.
Request a free consultation about your endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty malpractice claim today.
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Malpractice FAQ
What damages can I recover from my accordion procedure malpractice claim?
Medical malpractice claims like an ESG malpractice case can include a variety of damages owed to the claimant or plaintiff. You might be able to seek compensation for past and future medical costs, lost wages, pain, suffering, lowered enjoyment of life, and more.
What is the role of my attorney?
As your chosen attorneys, we will take charge of your case and handle as much of it as you want. We can work with third-party medical experts, negotiate with insurance companies, file claims and prepare for litigation, and so on, all so you don’t have to. Our role is to make sure you are comfortable and confident as your case progresses.
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say
Accommodating and Professional- Inbar V.
Totally Changed My Life- Sezgin T.
Highly Recommend- Dawn M.
I Felt Comfortable and Supported- Nate G.
I Highly Recommend This Law Firm- Naresh T.