New Jersey Intestinal Obstruction Misdiagnosis Lawyers
Were You Injured Due to a Misdiagnosis?
Intestinal obstruction is a serious medical condition that occurs when the small or large intestine becomes partially or completely blocked. It can lead to severe pain, nausea, vomiting, and life-threatening complications if not diagnosed and treated promptly. Unfortunately, misdiagnosis of intestinal obstruction is not uncommon in New Jersey hospitals and clinics, leading to unnecessary suffering and even death for many patients.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis in New Jersey, you should call (800) 817-5029 and talk to a legal professional from Simonson Goodman Platzer PC. Our NJ intestinal obstruction attorneys can represent patients who have suffered harm due to medical malpractice, including unacceptable misdiagnoses. Let us fight for your right to compensation!
Free initial consultationsare available. Please reach out to our firm now.
What Causes Intestinal Obstruction?
Intestinal obstruction can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Adhesions (scar tissue) from previous surgeries
- Tumors in the intestines or surrounding organs
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Diverticulitis (inflammation of pouches in the intestinal wall)
- Intussusception (when one part of the intestine slides into another part)
- Volvulus (twisting of the intestine)
These causes can lead to partial or complete blockage of the digestive tract, causing severe pain, bloating, vomiting, and other extremely dangerous symptoms. It is important to seek prompt medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms, as intestinal obstruction can quickly become life-threatening if left untreated.
How Intestinal Obstruction Misdiagnosis Can Happen
Misdiagnosis of intestinal obstructions can occur for several reasons, including:
- Lack of experience or training: Some healthcare providers may not have the necessary experience or training to accurately diagnose intestinal obstruction.
- Misinterpretation of symptoms: The symptoms of intestinal obstruction can be similar to those of other conditions, such as gastroenteritis or irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, some healthcare providers may misinterpret the symptoms and provide an incorrect diagnosis.
- Failure to order appropriate tests: Intestinal obstruction can often be diagnosed through imaging tests such as X-rays or CT scans. However, if a healthcare provider fails to order these tests or misinterprets their results, they may miss the presence of an obstruction.
- Inadequate physical examination: A thorough physical exam is essential for diagnosing intestinal obstruction. If a healthcare provider fails to perform a complete exam or misses important signs during the exam, they may overlook the presence of an obstruction.
Intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis can have devastating consequences for patients and their families. If you believe that you have been the victim of an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis in New Jersey, it is important to seek legal representation from a qualified attorney who understands the nuances and complications of medical malpractice cases, like the attorneys here at Simonson Goodman Platzer PC.
Liability in Intestinal Obstruction Misdiagnosis Cases
When a patient suffers from an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis, there may be several parties who can be held liable for their injuries, such as:
- Healthcare providers: Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers who fail to properly diagnose or treat intestinal obstruction may be held liable for medical malpractice. This can include misinterpreting symptoms, failing to order appropriate tests, or providing incorrect treatment.
- Hospitals and clinics: Hospitals and clinics may also be held liable if they fail to provide adequate training or supervision to their staff, leading to an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis.
- Medical device manufacturers: In some cases, medical device manufacturers may be held liable if their products are defective or malfunctioning, leading to an incorrect diagnosis of intestinal obstruction.
Determining liability in an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis case can be complex. Our New Jersey intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis attorneys know what to look for, what evidence can be helpful, and how to present it in convincing arguments. We want to secure a positive settlement for you as soon as possible. If a settlement is not attainable due to the defendant refusing to cooperate, we will be ready for litigation.
Get More Information – Call Now
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis in New Jersey, it is important to seek legal representation from a qualified legal team. At Simonson Goodman Platzer PC, we have successfully represented numerous clients in difficult cases that were filed against massive medical institutions and the insurance companies that defend them. We understand the devastating impact that a misdiagnosis can have on your life and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive fair compensation.
Contact us onlineor dial (800) 817-5029 today for a free consultation.
New Jersey Intestinal Obstruction Misdiagnosis FAQ
How common is intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis in New Jersey?
The exact frequency of intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis is unknown. However, it is known to be a rare medical condition with the majority of cases occurring in people who recently underwent some sort of abdominal or GI surgery.
What are the symptoms of intestinal obstruction and how can it be properly
The symptoms of intestinal obstruction include abdominal pain, bloating, nausea and vomiting, and constipation. To properly diagnose an intestinal obstruction, a physician may perform a physical exam, imaging tests such as X-rays or CT scans, or endoscopy.
What damages can I recover if I have been a victim of intestinal obstruction
If you have been a victim of intestinal obstruction misdiagnosis in New Jersey, you may be able to demand compensation for medical expenses, lost wages due to missed work, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injuries. The specific amount of damages will depend on the details of your case and the extent of your injuries.
$87 Million Work Accident Verdict
The firm won $87 million in the Bronx County Supreme Court for a laborer who was left paralyzed as a result of a work accident in March 2004.
$18 Million Medical Malpractice Settlement
$18,000,000 verdict on behalf of a twin born after a long delay with a severe brain injury-hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
$7.9 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict
$7,900,000 verdict for failure to monitor glucose levels in post CABG patient leads to death of 47 year old leaving a wife and two children.
$7.5 Million Medical Malpractice Settlement
$7,500,000 recovery for a baby who was seriously brain-damaged at the time of his birth. Due to a delay in delivery, the baby lost vital oxygen to his brain and develop cerebral palsy.
$6.4 Million Medical Malpractice Settlement
$6,400,000 recovery for a young woman’s pregnancy that was mishandled before she went into labor leading to seizures with resultant brain damage.
The attorneys were kind, accommodating and professional. I couldn’t be happier with the settlement they achieved for me.Inbar V.
They have done an amazing job to win my case without even going to the court.Sezgin T.
Highly recommend!! I had the pleasure of working with Paul Simonson during the worst time of my life. He is knowledgeable, professional & he truly cares. When other attorneys turned down my case Mr. Simonson got results! I will be forever grateful.Dawn M.
I would highly recommend this firm. Ted knows the law and did a great job.Dana
They were honest and clear about the process of bringing a lawsuit forward and managed my expectations.Nate G.
Thank you, Mr. Goodman and Mr. Simonson very much for looking out for me and always having my best interest at heart!Naresh T.
Based on my experience with this firm, their name should be empathy, compassion and brilliance. Their kindness and attention to detail was second to none. I truly cannot say enough good things about Paul, Ted and this firm. The gratitude I feel towards them is immeasurable.Nic R.
Ted Goodman was amazing in the courtroom and eloquently argued my case. If I could give them 10 stars I would, they truly changed my life. There are no amount of words that can show how grateful I am for all they have done.Ashley W.