New Jersey Weight Loss Surgery Malpractice Lawyers
When Weight Loss Surgery Does More Harm Than Good
Weight loss surgery is growing in popularity among medical professionals and patients as a way to help patients overcome severe obesity. As more weight-loss surgical procedures are completed, though, the rate of malpractice is rising, too. At Simonson Goodman Platzer PC, we are on a mission to help bring weight loss surgery malpractice to an end by holding negligent medical providers liable for their mistakes.
If you were hurt due to the errors that a medical provider like a doctor or surgeon made involving your weight loss surgery in New Jersey, then we want to hear from you. We can help determine if you have a valid claim to file and what to do next if you do. Leave everything up to our highly experienced and compassionate team.
On This Page
- Different Types of Weight Loss Surgery
- Complications from Weight Loss Surgery
- Hire Simonson Goodman Platzer PC Today
Dial (800) 817-5029 to request a free consultation.
Different Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Our attorneys have extensive backgrounds with complex medical negligence cases, including those that involve various types of weight loss surgery. With a 98% success rate overall, we are considered to be a premier law firm for high-stakes cases like yours. Trust us to work on your weight loss surgery malpractice case, no matter what procedure went wrong or why.
There are several different types of weight loss surgeries, including:
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: Also called an accordion procedure, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that sutures the stomach to reduce its size. The procedure can use an endoscopic suturing device that enters the mouth, avoiding the need for a large incision.
- Gastric bypass: This advanced surgical technique creates a new organ or pouch to make food bypass the stomach. The intricate procedure requires a surgical team that knows how to complete it with zero mistakes or delays.
- Gastric banding: When a patient or physician wants to avoid significant modifications to the stomach, a gastric banding procedure can be used. This surgery places an adjustable band at the top of the stomach to control the patient’s appetite and digestive hormones.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: If a patient needs to lose weight quickly to prevent severe medical issues, then a sleeve gastrectomy procedure might be ordered. It removes roughly 80% of the stomach, forcing the patient to eat smaller portions.
Complications from Weight Loss Surgery
The complications that can occur due to weight loss surgery malpractice vary noticeably from case to case. The risks depend largely on the type of surgery that was completed, the patient’s overall health, and the experience or carefulness of the medical team that assisted them.
Complications that can happen during weight loss surgery include:
- Nerve damage
- Adjacent organ damage
- Unsafe weight loss
- Infections or sepsis
- Gastric fluid leaks
- Revision surgery
We can work with third-party medical experts to discuss the details of your case and the extent of your complications and injuries. With their expert testimony, we will be better prepared to challenge the opposition.
Remember: If you are suffering serious or concerning complications and symptoms after a weight loss surgery, please seek medical attention immediately. Certain complications can be extremely dangerous or fatal if left undiagnosed and untreated.
Hire Simonson Goodman Platzer PC Today
Taking a malpractice and injury claim against a medical provider that you once trusted is a daunting task. Let our New Jersey weight loss surgery malpractice attorneys stand up for you, lead the way, and put your worries at rest. With us handling all details of your case, you can feel confident that you are on the right path to getting the compensation you need to recover from your injuries, harm, and losses.
We are always ready to support new and returning clients. Call (800) 817-5029 now.
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say
Accommodating and Professional- Inbar V.
Totally Changed My Life- Sezgin T.
Highly Recommend- Dawn M.
I Felt Comfortable and Supported- Nate G.
I Highly Recommend This Law Firm- Naresh T.